I started working before I made it into the office. It started with a text message asking if I had started a server after patching the day before.
I sent an email to everyone.
But something made me wonder.
Something was wrong.
Sure enough, the server had come up but it wasn’t working correctly. The account used for database connections was expired. I don’t know how long but it did. Honestly, I don’t even know if the system was being used and the patching was just an opportunity for others to get in the environment and see what was broken.
Lots of anxiety and just a feeling of helplessness as I had been the one to last touch the box.
Which just ran into another problem with another system just not running correctly.
Today, wasn’t a great day